Monday, April 02, 2007

Earthquake

One of my Mixi’s friend from Australia she is asking me about the earthquake in Japan. She is so worried about me when she heard about the earthquake in Peninsula of Noto. So I’m going to write about the earthquake in Japan today.

As I know that Japan is much more earthquake in the world. Earthquake is always happen in Tokyo too. I lived in Tokyo almost 10 years. I feel many time of earthquake in a year. I feel an earthquake with the body even if the epicenter is far away from Tokyo. I’m not afraid of earthquake because I had experienced with The Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake in year 1995 before. That time I was in my college’s dormitory. My bed is made of iron. Can you imagine how heavy is it? I’m slept on it. But it moved a lot. Of course, more than 6 thousand people had died in this big earthquake.

My friend is asking me “What do you always do in the first place when earthquake happen?”
First, I always hide under the table. Before, when the first earthquake gone, I will come out from the table and turn off main switch of the gas. But now I didn’t use gas for cooking so I will not worry about the fire anymore. The next step is open the main door of my house. Lucky, my main door is a Sensor door (keyless); I can use my remote control key to open it.

2 comments:

Alice wee said...

I can't imagine the earthquake. By the way, who teach you the way to handle the earthquake? We never exprience it in Malaysia. No wonder everytime watch TV program, the Japan Government teach children to face the earthquake. A question to you, do your keyless system facing problem? How about your system got problem and you can't go out?

Ting ChingChing said...

The earthquake drill was done in the school every semester. And also in the office. During the fire or earthquake drill, the firemen will teach us how to go to the safty place such as "padang besar", the place near by ward office..etc..

If my sensor key got problem then i will report it to the security company as soon as possible. I'm using it everyday that means i will notice if my key got problem or not. Anyway i got 5 sensor keys.

It is difficult for me to explain the sensor key of my condominium. If we have sensor key in the bag, (without take the sensor key out from the bag) we can get in any kind of door in our condominium. Such as main entrance, gate to parking lot, side doors. Include my house door too, i'm using the same sensor key everyday. When emergency, we can pass by all the exit doors without key. "Go out not need key, come in need key."